An overview on how to navigate materials (‘Posts’ and ‘Pages’ on this site).
- ‘Posts’ are calendar based events – showing brief overviews of activities. Posts can be accessed / filtered via tags (keywords) and categories. For more detailed information, you will need to access the appropriate ‘Pages’
- ‘Pages’ are detailed accounts in relation to my activities – generally accessible via drop-down menus on top of this page.
‘Pages’ and ‘Posts’ are WORDPRESS terms, not of my making – I am merely using WordPress as the tool to compile this site (and consequently work with).
Categories – How to use them to sort through materials
Please use the CATEGORIES menu option on the left of your screen to filter materials.
- Activities that further the research process, maintain compliance with research guidelines, website population and maintenance.
- Activities or materials that inform, but are not essential to my research eg news articles, interest by third parties in my work etc.
- Activities or events that are core to the progression my actual research. Meetings, visits, scanning, designing, prototyping, testing etc.
- Posts directly related to current research – currently ‘pages’ are categorized – but will be once website is migrated to full blown WordPress site.
- All of above, shown in appropriate order – remember, this only displays ‘Posts’ not ‘Pages’
- A graphical layout for 2015 and provisional 2016 calendar can be found here.
- Most likely pages that require categorizing.
Use the above to sort that material accordingly.
Tags are ‘keywords’ associated with my work and can also be used to filter results.
Company / collaborators names are protected (only accessible with appropriate passwords).
Although the nature of this research is ACADEMIC, this is to protect their contact information and avoids publicizing their interest / collaboration with on-going research.
In order to sift through materials in a chronological order, please follow these instructions:
- Top Menu access – access materials in the order presented – articles at top are oldest.
- Categories – use these to filter POSTS related to work (pages are NOT (yet) included in this system
- Tags – filter POSTS based upon keywords (again PAGES are NOT included in this search method)