- Prof Huw THOMAS
Contact – 6 hours per week – Semester start to October 24th, 2015 | 8 weeks
We won this in 2014, so keen to retain that win this year.
Established 3 teams of 5 students each – providing a team size that allows / requires input from all team members.
I worked to ensure we had three very different levels of solution (ambition) being pitched, to maximize our (KU’s) chances of a win.
Due to my liaison with IDSA Chair in St Louis, we were allowed to enter all three teams – originally, it was capped to two per institute.
The development of site proposals for a 42,000 square foot external space, to promote ‘science’ and community engagement. Area is owned / managed by St Louis Science Center.
Huw Thomas’s input included:
- Spheron SceneCenter audit of Science Corner
- Publication of above onto ID Studio PC system
- Blackboard Support – solely responsible for Blackboard VLE content
- Liaison with IDSA St Louis representatives – Chairman / Dept Chairman
- Liaison with Senior Director of Community Science Department and Manager of Teen Ambassadors & Outreach, Saint Louis Science Center
- Payment of team entry fee ($150 – reimbursed by KU IDSA Student Chapter)
- Project mentoring / support
- Attendance of presentation event – 24th October, 2015
Huw THOMAS – exclusively
Associated Press Releases
None to date – although we won again in 2015! Article here
Sample Work – Three teams of 5 students
Above : Team 2’s poster – although not placed, design was highly commended by jurors…